COBie in BIM Support
Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie) is a data format for the publication of a subset of building model information focused on delivering building information not geometric modeling. It is closely associated with building information modeling (BIM) approaches to design, construction and management of built assets. COBie helps capture and record important project data at the point of origin, including equipment lists, product data sheets, warranties, spare parts lists, and preventive maintenance schedules.
This information is essential to support operations, maintenance and asset management once the built asset is in service.
BIMAGE will develop the following to support COBie data capture
- BIM- COBie Implementation Plan
- COBie Data input Procedures at different stages of the project. Both Project and Product parameters including Product Data Sheet.
- Data input procedure via Autodesk Revit Plug-in or via Excel Spread sheet
- Data Quality Check procedures.
- Data workshop– this is to help client modelers to input the data during the different phases of the project and as per the implementation plan.